BAKED EGGPLANT STUFFED WITH MUSHROOMS (VEGETARIAN RECIPE)
Stuffed aubergines are now a classic of contemporary Italian cuisine; you can find dozens of different versions in cookbooks and more and more on the internet, most with a meat filling. This is why today we are proposing a vegetarian and vaguely exotic solution, made with easy and quick ingredients. Let's take a look at what you need to get yourself.i.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 4 large eggplants
- 250g of champignon mushrooms to be sliced or already slicedi)
- 3 cloves of garlico
- 1 cube of fresh ginger
- 150g of fresh pachino or cherry tomatoeso)
- 3-4 basil leaves
- 100g of grated Parmesan cheese optionalo)
- Grated bread about 100gg)
- Extra virgin olive oila
- A tablespoon of organic soy sauce or, if you prefer, regular table salta)
- A pinch of black pepper
Let's now see the preparation of aubergines and cooking step by step.
- Cut the aubergines in half lengthwise, removing the top.
- Incident the pulp and separate it from the peel, being careful not to damage the latter which will serve as a container for the filling. Soften and chop the pulp with a mixer.er.
- Heat the olive oil on a non-stick pan, on which you will brown the garlic cloves for a few minutes, remembering to cut them in half and remove the central bulbous part to make them more digestible together with the small piece of fresh ginger cut into thin slices.ili.
- Add the chopped mushrooms, the cherry tomatoes divided into four parts and the aubergine pulp and cook over medium heat for 6-7 minutes, in order to soften the mushrooms.
- Just before turning off the heat when cooked, sprinkle a tablespoon of soy sauce over the dressing. Before using this amount, we recommend checking how salty the sauce is, as this can vary widely between brands. If you don't like soy sauce, you can use classic table salt.
- Fill the eggplant peels with spoonfuls of the freshly cooked mixture; add a pinch of black pepper on the surface, the grated Parmesan cheese unless you want a vegan version! and finally the breadcrumbs.o.
- Spread a thin drizzle of oil on the aubergines thus prepared; put them in the preheated oven at 180 for 30-35 minutes, increasing or decreasing the duration according to the thickness of the peel.a.
This is a basic idea, which you can change the seasoning according to your preferences. It's about trying it and then playing with it, experimenting with alternatives and variations, but rest assured that the original proposal will not leave you unsatisfied!i!